1. What are cookies?
- Cookies are widely used small files that are sent by a web server to a web browser and are stored by the browser when an individual visits a website.
- Cookies allow websites to recognise that a user has previously visited the site. The cookies save some information about that user for when they access the site again in the future.
By using and browsing the Sirenum website, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with our policy. To opt out, you must turn off cookies or refrain from using the site.
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this, look at the ‘help’ menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
Deactivating cookies on the main Internet browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Deactivate website recordings:
We use a tool called Smartlook to track and understand user behaviour on our website so we can optimize it for a better user experience. If you do not wish to be tracked by Smartlook you can opt-out here.
2. What types of cookies are there?
Broadly, there are 4 types of cookie:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are essential to make a website work and enable features that users have specifically asked for. Without the use of these cookies, some features of the website could not operate.
- Performance cookies. These cookies collect anonymous information about users for the purpose of assessing the performance of a website. Common uses include well-known web analytics tools such as ‘Google Analytics’.
- Functionality cookies. These are cookies that automatically remember choices that users have previously made in order to improve their experience next time they visit a website.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies are similar to performance cookies, in that they collect information about users’ behaviour. However, this information is used at individual user level to advertise products and services to users on the basis of the behavioural information collected.
|Cookie Name or Type||Purpose||Cookie Type|
|These are website functioning cookies||Strictly necessary cookies.|
|Google Analytics cookies||These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources for us to measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site.
The information collected by these cookies is aggregated and anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
|smartlook.com cookies||This tool helps us track and understand user behaviour on our website so we can optimize it for a better user experience. If you do not wish to be tracked by Smartlook you can opt-out here. Here is a link to Smartlook’s privacy statement, which includes further information about how they use cookie files.||Performance cookies|
|This cookie enables a website functionality that allows you share our content on different channels such as social media||Strictly necessary cookies|
|These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites.
They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.